Laws regarding motoring offences are ever changing and therefore the possibility of breaking one of these whether intentionally or not is becoming higher all the time. Simple offences such as speeding slightly over the limit can escalate if not dealt with quickly. For more serious infractions, up to date, clear legal advice can make the difference from fines and points to prosecution and incarceration.
Within Stephens & Son criminal law team we have professionals available highly trained in motoring offence law who will be on hand immediately to support you however you need.
Drawing on their extensive experience, our criminal lawyers can help if you have been charged with:
- drink driving;
- driving while under the influence of drugs;
- driving while using a mobile phone;
- driving without insurance;
- driving while disqualified;
- careless driving;
- dangerous driving, including where this has caused serious injury or death;
- offences associated with road rage;
- failure to stop after an accident;
- failure to provide a breath, urine or blood specimen; and
- failure to notify the DVLA of a change in circumstances.
- They can also help if you face being banned from driving due to you having 12 or more points on your licence, or where you want to apply for the early return of your licence following disqualification, or to appeal against a penalty or other sentence.
Advising individuals throughout Chatham, Kent and beyond
Our lawyers are based in Chatham, Gravesend, Tonbridge, Maidstone and Tenterden and cover the whole of Kent. They can also help clients based further afield and regularly represent people in the London Crown Courts.
They can visit you at the police station or in prison if you have been remanded in custody. Meetings can also be arranged at one of our offices or at your place of business, if needed.
Advice at the police station is free, regardless of your income or savings. Legal aid is also available in many cases to help where you are charged with an offence and the case will go to court.
For privately paying clients we offer an initial appointment from £220 – £375 plus VAT depending on your solicitor’s experience. This provides us with an opportunity to assess your case and provide initial advice. Any further work beyond this will be quoted for at a competitive rate.
Get in touch with our motoring offences solicitors in Chatham, Kent
Call us on 01634 811444 for any business related advice you need. Alternatively complete our contact us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.