Our Private Client team are expertly trained professionals here to advise and guide you on making plans for your later life, ensuring that all of your wishes are met and upheld in the exact way you request, From inheritance, tax planning, power of attorney over both personal and business affairs, end of life care treatment and even funeral plans, the Stephens & Son wills, trusts and probate team are here to give you peace of mind for a time hopefully a long way in the future.
Our private client lawyers are on hand to assist with:
- making a will;
- drafting a letter of wishes, to deal with things like funeral arrangements;
- preparation of a lasting power of attorney for the management of your financial affairs and to cover decisions concerning your health and welfare;
- preparation of a business power of attorney to cover the management of your business interests;
- creating an advanced decision confirming whether you wish to receive life-sustaining treatment if you become seriously ill;
- applying to the Court of Protection for permission to deal with a loved one’s affairs if no power of attorney has been made;
- establishing a trust to protect the inheritance of your children, spouse, partner or other beneficiaries;
- making decisions if you have been asked to act as a trustee for someone else;
- acting as a professional trustee on your behalf;
- planning for the payment of care home fees and other long-term care costs, particularly for elderly clients;
- tax planning
- applying for a grant of probate to enable your money and property to be distributed in accordance with your will, or under the rules of intestacy where no will exists
- assisting those appointed in your will, or under the rules of intestacy, in dealing with your affairs and your estate.
There can on occasion be some contention around the contents of a will from relatives and associates. Our teams can help with disputes or challenges to a will if there is question concerning its validity. For instance, this could be due to the mental capacity of the will holder at the time of writing, potential outside influencers or the suspicion of unfair pressure being applied from a third party.
Advising families throughout Chatham, Kent and beyond
We have offices in Chatham, Gravesend, Tonbridge, Maidstone and Tenterden where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
We can also offer meetings at your home, in hospital or in a care facility, or via Skype where appropriate.
Fixed fees and costs
An initial 30 minute appointment to discuss your requirements can be arranged at £114 inc VAT and an initial 1 hour appointment can be arranged at £180 inc VAT.
After that, we can agree funding arrangements to suit your budget.
Get in touch with our wills, trusts and probate solicitors in Chatham, Kent
Call us on 01634 811444 for any business related advice you need. Alternatively complete our contact us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.