The role of a Notary is to provide authorisation and verification that the contents of a document are proven to be accurate and true. If you are looking to move, enter into education or work abroad, there will be several pieces of documentation that the foreign authorities will want notarised before they allow you to proceed.
Most commonly in these situations, requests are made for notarised copies of passports, residency certificates, possible educational qualification certificates and property documents, although there are many more that may apply to your individual situation. Our Notary Public will talk through everything with you before your meeting and make sure you are clear on what you need to bring with you.
We have two highly experienced notaries within our team, Jasvinder Gill and Karen du Rocher. Operating through Hatten Wyatt Notaries LLP, they can provide notarial services to support UK and foreign nationals in a range of situations.
- applications to live, work or study abroad;
- requests to marry or enter a civil partnership in another country;
- applications to adopt a child from another country;
- the sale or purchase of foreign property;
- the administration of a deceased person’s estate where foreign property or other assets are involved;
- the sale or purchase of foreign shares and investments; and
- the bringing or defending of legal proceedings in another country.
- applications to live, work or study in the UK;
- requests to marry or enter a civil partnership in the UK;
- applications to adopt a child from the UK;
- the sale or purchase of UK-based property;
- the administration of a deceased person’s estate where UK property or other assets are involved;
- the sale or purchase of UK-based shares and investments; and
- the bringing or defending of legal proceedings in the UK.
We can also help where you have been asked to have documents legalised or apostilled with the Foreign Office, an embassy or a consulate.
Advising individuals throughout Kent and beyond
We have offices in Chatham, Maidstone, Tonbridge, Gravesend and Tenterden where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
We can also offer meetings at your home if the need arises, as well as conference calls via skype for clients who frequently need to travel abroad.
How much does it cost?
The cost of notarial services will depend on the volume and type of documents that need notarising. Prices start from £150.00, but we will happily provide an individual quotation after discussing your requirements.
Get in touch
Call us on 01634 811444 for any business related advice you need. Alternatively complete our contact us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
Hatten Wyatt Notaries is regulated through the Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury and maintains a minimum level of PI cover of £500,000.