Being the victim of an injury incurred through no fault of your own is frustrating to say the least, and our Personal Injury solicitors are here to help you fight for the justice you deserve. For any form of potential financial compensation you will need to be able to prove that you have been financially affected by this injury, which can include loss of earnings or your future earnings potential being affected, or adaptations having to have been made in either your home or vehicle to enable you to utilise them. There are many more scenarios that will be appropriate under this bracket and your solicitor will go through them all with you at your initial appointment.
You can file a claim not only on your own behalf but also in regards to a friend or relative who is unable to do so for themselves as a result of this injury. Loss or decline in mental health due to the actions of a third party is also considered to be a valid injury that could result in a claim.
Procedurally there are inevitably tight timescales which must be adhered to when beginning your legal proceedings in the aftermath of injury so it is important for you to act swiftly in seeking advice.
Our highly trained personal injury team can help in a range of situations, including but not limited to:
- accidents at work resulting in physical injury, including hearing damage or loss of a limb;
- mental injury sustained at work, for example severe stress brought on by a heavy workload;
- work-related illness, such as lung cancer caused by exposure to asbestos;
- road traffic accidents resulting in injury or death;
- injury or death caused by the handling of faulty goods or inadequately performed services;
- injury or death sustained as a result of inadequately supervised or poorly maintained public spaces, including incidents of drowning in public swimming pools or tripping over uneven paving slabs;
- injury or death caused by mistakes made by medical professionals, including GPs, hospital staff, dentists, opticians and cosmetic surgeons;
- injury or death caused by routine vaccinations;
- injury or death caused by criminal behaviour where you or a relative have been the victim of a crime;
- injury or death resulting from mistreatment while you or a relative were in police custody; and
- injury or death caused by mistreatment while in a hospital, care home or residential setting.
Advising individuals throughout Chatham, Kent and beyond
We have offices in Chatham, Gravesend, Tonbridge, Maidstone and Tenterden where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
If the need arises, we can also offer meetings at your home or in a hospital or care facility. Meetings via skype are also possible where appropriate.
Most personal injury cases can be funded under a conditional fee agreement which means there will usually be no legal fees to pay unless your claim is successful.
For clients not eligible for conditional fee funding we can offer flexible payment terms to help you budget for the payment of legal fees. We can also offer an initial appointment to discuss your requirements at a fixed cost of £260 plus VAT.
Get in touch with our personal injury solicitors in Chatham, Kent
Call us on 01634 811444 if you need our help. Alternatively, complete our Contact Us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.