Enlisting the help of a professional should automatically give you peace of mind that the service you receive will be of optimum quality and delivered in an appropriate manner according to your requirements. Unfortunately however this is not always the case, and it is in times like those that you will need to instruct a legal expert to pursue your claim for what is rightfully owed to you.
What do I have to prove?
For a negligence claim you will need to be able to prove that the service delivered to you was of a lower standard that promised, or indeed not received at all. You will need to be able to show how you have been affected as a result of this, be it financially, personally or professionally – this can be through illness, financial loss, affected business arrangements and so on.
As with any negligence claims there are tight timescales that must be adhered to so if you feel you have a case then please do not delay in making an initial appointment, even if it is just to discuss your potential options moving forward.
Who you can claim against?
A claim for professional negligence can be brought against anyone who provides a service which is generally accepted as requiring a certain degree of expertise or skill and where the professional has represented themselves as having that expertise or skill, including:
- surveyors, architects, engineers or builders;
- accountants, financial advisors, insurance brokers or professional trustees;
- solicitors, conveyancers or barristers; and
- IT experts or software developers.
How we can help
Our experienced team of professional negligence solicitors can help you to:
- obtain any relevant paperwork to establish what has gone wrong and whether a negligence claim may be possible;
- prepare a formal letter to the professional setting out details of your claim including details of what you consider they have done wrong and inviting them to provide their response before consideration is given to pursuing a claim at court;
- try to negotiate an amicable settlement of your claim; and
- make a claim at court where an out of court settlement cannot be reached.
We will also investigate whether you have any further claims, for example a claim for breach of contract.
The lawyers in our medical negligence team can help if you have been affected by the negligence of a medical professional.
Advising individuals throughout Chatham, Kent and beyond
We have offices in Chatham, Gravesend, Tonbridge, Maidstone and Tenterden where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
If the need arises, we can also offer meetings at your home or via skype if you are regularly out of the country.
We offer an initial appointment to discuss your requirements at a fixed cost of £280 plus VAT. After that we can arrange flexible payment terms, including monthly billing to help you budget.
Get in touch with our professional negligence solicitors in Chatham, Kent
Call us on 01634 811444 for any business related advice you need. Alternatively complete our contact us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.