Medical negligence is when you suffer under the hands of a professional who is meant to offer a service to improve or alter a condition for the benefit of your health. Under this umbrella is not only hospitals and doctors as is commonly yet incorrectly assumed, it can also include cosmetic surgeons, dentists, therapists and opticians to name a few. IT also covers any facilities or organisations that you may receive these treatments in such as nursing homes, surgeries or clinics.
Not only can you file a claim regarding a personal experience, you may also be able to claim on behalf of a friend or relative who is unable to do so for themselves as a result of negligence. You will need to be able to prove that the medical expert concerned has not met the appropriate standards of care or practice expected, however the ways to do this will of course differ within each unique situation. Following your initial consultation your solicitor will advise you as to what they feel the best way to proceed in doing this will be.
There are of course stringent time frames in place should you wish to proceed in opening your case so it is of paramount importance that you contact us as soon as possible after the event has occurred.
Our expertise includes handling:
- claims against hospitals and GPs for failing to spot serious illness, misdiagnosing a condition, carrying out inappropriate treatment, failing to provide the correct treatment, mistakes made in surgery, the mismanagement of pregnancy or childbirth, failing to seek a second opinion or to make a referral where justified, providing inadequate aftercare and the neglect of basic personal healthcare needs;
- claims against dentists for failing to spot gum disease or oral cancer, badly performed root canal treatment, the unnecessary removal of heathy teeth, temporary or permanent nerve damage and poor orthodontic work;
- claims against opticians for failing to spot eye cancer or other diseases likely to affect vision, unnecessarily prescribing glasses, failing to prescribe glasses where appropriate and fitting contact lenses where not recommended;
- claims against cosmetic surgeons for mistakes made in surgery or for providing unnecessary, inappropriate or poorly performed treatment or for using unlicensed products; and
- claims against care homes for failing to use specialist lifting equipment, not providing appropriate mobility aids, administering inappropriate medication, failing to provide required medication and failing to ensure general patient safety.
Advising individuals throughout Chatham, Kent and beyond
We have offices in Chatham, Gravesend, Tonbridge, Maidstone and Tenterden where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
If the need arises, we can also offer meetings at your home or in hospital. Meetings via skype are also possible for clients who frequently need to travel abroad.
Most medical negligence cases can be funded under a conditional fee agreement which means there will usually be no legal fees to pay unless your claim is successful.
For clients not eligible for conditional fee funding we can offer flexible payment terms to help you budget for the payment of legal fees. We can also offer an initial appointment to discuss your requirements from £220 – £375 plus VAT depending on your solicitor’s experience.
Get in touch with our medical negligence solicitors in Chatham, Kent
Call us on 01634 811444 if you need our help. Alternatively, complete our Contact Us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.