There are many worthy causes both locally and nationally that all need additional support. One of the best ways to do this is to start a charitable organisation dedicated to fund raising for a specific area in need. This is not as simple as it may appear however so you will need to enlist the help of a charity law advisor to make sure everything is above board and you are registered and recognised before you begin any campaigns.
To begin with you will need to be able to demonstrate what your organisation will be supporting, for example supporting the terminally ill, improving rehabilitation facilities for veterans or providing shelter or sustenance to abandoned animals for example. You will need to register a Head Office, prepare tax documentation and communicate with HMRC, decide on a business strategy and plan and possibly look into sourcing a premises from your operation to run from.
Our charity law advisors provide guidance and support to those looking to become involved in the charity sector.
They can help with:
- forming a new charity;
- restructuring an existing charity;
- charity mergers or acquisitions;
- registering a charity with the Charity Commission;
- obtaining recognised charitable status from HMRC;
- creating corporate governance documents;
- advising charity trustees;
- drafting contracts of employment and service agreements;
- dealing with disciplinary and grievance matters concerning employees;
- taking a lease of commercial premises;
- buying or selling commercial property;
- commercial contracts;
- funding arrangements; and
- dissolving a charity where it is no longer viable.
Advising charities throughout Chatham, Kent and beyond
We have offices in Chatham, Gravesend, Tonbridge, Maidstone and Tenterden where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
We can also offer meetings at your place of business or via a skype conference call if necessary, for instance for clients who frequently need to travel abroad.
An initial appointment to discuss your requirements can be arranged from £150 plus VAT. After that we can facilitate flexible payment terms, including monthly billing to help you budget.
Get in touch with our charity law solicitors in Chatham, Kent
Call us on 01634 811444 for any business related advice you need. Alternatively complete our contact us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.