Families will always have their ups and downs and whatever the dynamics of your own unique situation, our team of experts are here to help. Working together with you on cases involving adoption, access to children, divorce, civil partnership arrangements and much more, our solicitors aim for a non-confrontational, timely and cost efficient approach to resolve your case as effectively and stress free as possible.
Many of our family team are long standing members of Resolution, and follow a code of practice that encourages solutions to be found taking into account the needs of everyone involved. If progressing to court can be avoided, our professional will look towards instigating mediation sessions and collaborative law if appropriate. Please note however that in cases of domestic abuse, these options will not be applicable.
Our team of experienced family lawyers can help with:
- wealth protection via a cohabitation agreement for unmarried couples or a prenuptial agreement for soon to be husbands, wives and civil partners;
- relationship breakdown by guiding you through separation, divorce and civil partnership dissolution;
- financial arrangements as part of your divorce or civil partnership dissolution package;
- disputes about children such as where they should live, who they should have contact with and arrangements where one parent intends to move abroad;
- parenting issues where a parental responsibility order from the court may be needed to ensure both parents have an equal say about decisions affecting their children’s lives, or where there are issues around fertility and surrogacy;
- family care proceedings where a local authority has indicated an intention to remove your child or to put them up for adoption; and
- family safeguarding in cases of domestic violence or abuse.
Advising families throughout Chatham, Kent and beyond
We have offices in Chatham, Maidstone, Gravesend and Tenterden where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
We can also offer meetings by skype for clients who have to travel extensively or who now live abroad. In exceptional circumstances, home visits can also be arranged.
Fixed fees and costs
An initial 30 minute appointment to discuss your requirements can be arranged at £114 inc VAT and an initial 1 hour appointment can be arranged at £180 inc VAT.
After that we can arrange flexible payment terms, including monthly billing to help you budget.
Get in touch with our family law solicitors in Chatham, Kent
Call us on 01634 811444 for any business related advice you need. Alternatively complete our contact us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.