Being accused of involvement with crime can be an especially frightening time regardless of your innocence or guilt. You are entitled to legal representation and support as soon as you arrive at the police station and it is important not to delay your right to exercise this as soon as possible.
The initial stages once you have been arrested are one of the most crucial times for caution and legal direction. Strong representation can work in your favour, sometimes resulting in increased chances of bail being granted, lesser charges being pressed and even total release. Remember that legal advice at the police station is free so do not be deterred from seeking help because of any possible financial restrictions you may have.
Our team of criminal lawyers has extensive experience in representing people from a range of backgrounds who have been accused of a variety of crimes. They also represent businesses whose directors or employees have been accused of corporate manslaughter, causing injury or death through negligence, or corporate fraud.
From advising you at the police station to representing you at court, our criminal law specialists can deal with allegations of:
- murder, manslaughter and causing death by dangerous driving;
- assault, including grievous bodily harm and actual bodily harm;
- sexual offences, including rape, child exploitation and the downloading of indecent images;
- domestic violence, including coercive and controlling behaviour;
- harassment and stalking;
- drug possession, drug dealing or drug importation;
- possession of an offensive weapon or bladed article;
- theft, ranging from shoplifting to stealing from your employer;
- fraud and other crimes of dishonesty; and
- motoring offences, including causing injury by dangerous driving, speeding, driving without insurance and failing to stop after an accident.
They will also represent you at trial, sentencing hearings or if you wish to appeal against a conviction or sentence.
Advising individuals throughout Kent and beyond
Our lawyers are based in Chatham, Maidstone, Gravesend and Tenterden and cover the whole of Kent. They can also help clients based further afield and regularly represent people in the London Crown Courts.
They can visit you at the police station or in prison if you have been remanded in custody. Meetings can also be arranged at one of our offices or at your place of business, if needed.
Advice at the police station is free, regardless of your income or savings. Legal aid is also available in many cases to help where you are charged with an offence and the case will go to court.
For privately paying clients we offer an initial appointment from £95 plus VAT. This provides us with an opportunity to assess your case and give initial advice. Any further work beyond this will be quoted for at a competitive rate.
Get in touch
If you have been accused of a criminal offence, please get in touch to see how we can help. You can call us on 0634 811444 or complete our Contact Us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible. .
For urgent advice outside of office hours, including police station representation, please call 07740 611 507, 07740 611 508 or 07703 829401.