Domestic violence covers a multitude of abuse not restricted to the stereotypical physical side. Sexual mistreatment, verbal abuse, controlling behaviours, gaslighting, communication methods being monitored, all of these fall under the very serious category of domestic violence and must be addressed and extinguished as soon as possible.
Where a family unit is involved it can be extremely daunting to put plans in place that may upheave not only you but any children involved as well. The main thing to remember is that no matter how bad it may seem at the moment, moving forward to remove yourself and your dependents out and away from a volatile situation will only be for the greater good in the long run.
Within our family law teams we have dedicated professionals, expertly equipped with unrivalled knowledge to help you overcome your current predicament. Guided entirely by you, we will progress your case at a pace that you dictate, taking into account all aspects affected in your daily life. We will operate discretly, efficiently and cost effectively at all times, there will be no pressure or persuasion and you have the final say on each and every step taken.
Depending on your circumstances, our family law experts can help with:
- obtaining a court order to force your partner to leave the family home; to stop them coming within a certain distance of where you or your family live or work or where your children go to school; or to prevent them from contacting you other than through your solicitor;
- applying to the court for your partner to be arrested if they fail to comply with the terms of any order;
- seeking financial compensation where your partner has been found guilty of harassment;
- supporting you in reporting your partner’s behaviour to the police and social services;
- introducing you to domestic violence charities and agencies who can help with housing needs, assessing entitlement to state benefits and other support; and
- bringing your relationship to an end by commencing divorce or civil partnership dissolution proceedings, negotiating the division of assets and other financial matters, and agreeing arrangements for children.
Advising families throughout Kent and beyond
We have offices in Chatham, Gravesend, Maidstone and Tenterden where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
We can also offer meetings by skype or via home visit where appropriate. .
We offer an initial appointment to discuss your requirements from £95 plus VAT..
Get in touch
Call us on 01634 811444 if you need our help. Alternatively, please complete our Contact Us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible. If contact is only possible at certain times or through specific channels of communication please let us know and we will act accordingly.