In the event of the termination of a relationship, one of the factors that will need to be addressed concerns finances. This can sometimes be very clear cut however where children, living arrangements and jointly owned assets are prevalent it can become more complex.
Things to consider will be hard to determine initially as emotions will inevitable run high and the prospect of beginning to unravel everything can appear overwhelming, hence why enlisting the help of a solicitor to guide you through and ensure you receive everything that you are entitled to is a wise idea. Sometimes where appropriate, a course of mediation may be beneficial in an attempt to find a solution before taking your matter before the courts. However please note in cases where there is domestic violence involved, mediation will not be considered.
Whatever your circumstances, the family law specialists at Stephens & Son solicitors in Chatham can help you to agree:
- should happen to the family home and any further properties you or your partner own, both here and abroad;
- how other assets or personal possessions should be split;
- how money in the bank and investments should be shared;
- what should happen to inherited money and income received from a trust;
- how pensions ought to be dealt with;
- how business interests should to be valued;
- who should be responsible for paying any debts; and
- the amount
Advising families throughout Kent and beyond
We have offices in Chatham, Maidstone, Tonbridge, Gravesend and Tenterden where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
We can also offer meetings by skype for clients who have to travel extensively or who now live abroad. In exceptional circumstances, home visits can also be arranged.
Fixed fees and costs
An initial 30 minute appointment to discuss your requirements can be arranged at £114 inc VAT and an initial 1 hour appointment can be arranged at £180 inc VAT.
After that we can arrange flexible payment terms, including monthly billing to help you budget.
Get in touch
Call us on 01634 811444 if you need our help. Alternatively, complete our Contact Us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.