When an individual passes away, the execution of the will can be stressful for those involved, however our Private Client teams have expert professionals specially trained in the field of obtaining probate. Usually in a will, a friend or family member will have been named as the desired executor of the will. This gives them the legal right to apply for a grant of probate which then allows them to carry out the wishes within the will in accordance to its content.
This can include distribution of inheritance, organisation of a funeral, settling any debts or tax payments outstanding and death registration to name but a few. Our private client team can assist you with obtaining the rights to the probate of the deceased, and support you in moving forward to ensure their wishes are met accurately and in a timely fashion.
Working alongside you, they can:
- advise you on whether a grant of probate is required;
- complete and lodge the application on your behalf;
- deal with any queries that are raised by the Probate Registry;
- lodge a notice preventing a grant of probate being issued until any disagreements have been resolved;
- ensure any inheritance tax is paid or deferred;
- help administer your loved one’s estate after the grant has been made to ensure all liabilities are settled and everyone receives their inheritance; and
- advise on circumstances where it might be appropriate to vary the will or the rules of intestacy to make provision for other relatives or to save tax.
Advising families throughout Kent and beyon
We have offices in Chatham, Maidstone, Gravesend and Tenterden where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
We can also offer meetings at your home, in hospital or in a care facility, and in exceptional circumstances a telephone appointment can be arranged via skype.
An initial appointment to discuss your requirements can be arranged from £95 plus VAT. After that we can agree funding arrangements to suit your budget.
Get in touch
Call us on 01634 811444 for any business related advice you need. Alternatively complete our contact us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.