If your business employs people abroad, or relies on foreign workers coming to the UK, you need to ensure you comply with all relevant immigration law requirements. Failure to do this could lead to you being fined or disqualified as a director and may also result in serious disruption to your commercial operations and damage to your reputation.
Every country has its own immigration rules. In the UK, for example, anyone not entitled to live and work here under a recognised international agreement will have to satisfy entry requirements based around their value to the UK labour market. There are minimum salary requirements when recruiting foreign workers into certain key positions as well as an obligation in some cases to pay an annual immigration skills charge.
Our team of business immigration lawyers can help you to navigate the rules and ensure you stay on the right side of the law.
- Advise you how to carry out immigration checks on existing employees to highlight any instances of illegal working;
- advise you on the immigration requirements you will need to satisfy to send an employee abroad;
- advise you on the immigration requirements you will need to satisfy to recruit a new foreign worker;
- assist you and your staff with visa applications and in notarising supporting documents;
- assist foreign investors and entrepreneurs to apply for a visa to enable them to travel to the UK to explore business opportunities;
- help you with sponsorship licenses for specialist or temporary workers under the Tier 1 and Tier 5 merit-based entry rules; and
- assist with applications from existing foreign workers to extend the length of their stay or to apply for the right to settle.
Advising businesses throughout Chatham, Kent and beyond
We have offices in Chatham, Gravesend, Tonbridge, Maidstone and Tenterden where we can meet to discuss your requirements. We are also happy to meet at your place of business if more convenient and can even discuss your requirements via a skype conference call if you are out of the country.
An initial appointment with one of our lawyers can be arranged from £220 – £375 plus VAT depending on your solicitor’s experience. After that we can agree funding arrangements to suit your circumstances, including a monthly payment plan to help you budget.
Get in touch with our business immigration solicitors in Chatham, Kent
Call us on 01634 811444 if you need our help. Alternatively complete our Contact Us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.