Commercial property tends as a rule to be more complex than residential due to typically higher values, tighter timescales and greater involvement from third parties. Taxes and insurances must also be taken in to consideration which requires specialist advice and knowledge from trained professionals.
Dependent on the size and scale of the transaction, our commercial property teams may also deem it appropriate to enlist the expertise of our wealth management advisor.
We can also help if there is an ongoing commercial property dispute that needs to be resolved or if you require the services of a notary public to authenticate paperwork to be used to buy or sell commercial property abroad.
Drawing on many years of combined experience, our commercial property lawyers will ensure that:
- the terms of your sale or purchase are quickly agreed;
- where the deal is subject to planning permission, an option or conditional sale agreement is negotiated together an overage agreement if appropriate;
- restrictive covenants over land use will not affect planned business activities;
- redundant or problem covenants are removed if possible;
- legal title to the property is in order;
- any defects in title are addressed;
- satisfactory answers are provided to property enquiries or as part of a wider corporate due diligence exercise;
- appropriate finance arrangements are in place;
- existing lease arrangements are viewed and actioned as appropriate;
- transfer papers are drafted and executed;
- stamp duty land tax is paid;
- the transaction completes on time and in conjunction with linked transactions if needed;
- any outstanding mortgages and charges are settled; and
- the transaction is registered with the Land Registry.
Advising businesses throughout Chatham, Kent and beyond
We have offices in Chatham, Gravesend, Tonbridge, Maidstone and Tenterden where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
We can also offer meetings at your place of business if needed, or via a skype conference call if you are out of the country.
The cost of dealing with the sale or acquisition of a commercial property depends on the circumstances. We are happy to provide a no obligation quotation upon request.
Get in touch with our commercial property solicitors in Chatham, Kent
Call us on 01634 811444 if you need our help. Alternatively complete our Contact Us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.