The property you choose for your commercial enterprise is one of the biggest and most expensive commitments you may undertake, and therefore should any issues arise it can be incredibly disruptive and stressful for those involved.
Even the smallest of disagreements can become both time consuming and costly if not dealt with efficiently.Some matters you may feel you can deal with yourself, however if after an initial attempt at finding a solution the situation remains the same, then is the time to investigate the possibility of enlisting professional legal assistance.
Our commercial property teams work closely with their litigation colleagues to provide you with a fast, clear and accurate service, understanding your needs and desired outcomes and working with you to achieve these as swiftly as possible.
Taking a conciliatory approach wherever possible, but ready to defend your legal rights and commercial interests through the courts if necessary, our solicitors can assist with disputes relating to:
- the location of boundaries;
- right of access and rights of way;
- adjoining property, including disputes about contamination and environmental damage;
- property insurance claims;
- business rates, including eligibility to apply for reliefs and exemptions;
- development issues, including those arising out of option agreements, overage agreements and conditional sale contracts;
- planning matters;
- professional negligence claims against architects, surveyors, structural engineers and construction companies;
- the sale and purchase of commercial property; and
- landlord and tenant issues, including disputes concerning rent deposits, authorised guarantee agreements, the exercise of break clauses, breaches of lease terms, requests for assignment or subletting, the carrying out of alterations or repairs, forfeiture and possession proceedings, applications for lease renewal under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 and tenant insolvency issues.
If you need help to resolve a dispute about a residential property you own or occupy, our residential property dispute resolution lawyers are on hand to provide advice and support.
Advising businesses throughout Kent and beyond
We have offices in Chatham, Maidstone, Gravesend and Tenterden where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
If the need arises, we can also offer meetings at your place of business or via skype if you are regularly out of the country.
We offer an initial appointment to discuss your requirements at a fixed cost of £180 inclusive of VAT. After that we can arrange flexible payment terms, including monthly billing to help you budget.
Get in touch
Please call us on 01634 811444 if you need our help. Alternatively, complete our Contact Us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.