Any property which is used for residential purposes be it for yourself or for others can run the risk of falling foul of a dispute somewhere along the line. Be it conflict between landlords and tenants regarding rental payments or home improvements, or neighbourly disagreements regarding access or property expansion – all of these need to be resolved quickly and as amicably as possible to enable everyone involved to carry on with their daily lives.
As a generalisation, most residential property disputes can be overcome in a timely manner when independent, professional legal advice is sought and utilised. To allow you to move on from your uncomfortable situation as swiftly as possible, it is in your best interests to seek advice as soon as you feel your circumstances are becoming unmanageable.
Working with both our conveyancing and litigation teams, our dispute resolution solicitors can assist you with:
- rights of access and rights of way;
- nuisance stemming from neighbouring property, including failure to stop the spread of Japanese knotweed;
- problem neighbours, including claims of anti-social behaviour and harassment;
- home improvements that have gone wrong, including disputes with architects, surveyors, structural engineers and builders;
- planning policies or conditions affecting land you would like to develop;
- development agreements concerning land you have agreed to sell;
- restrictions that affect the use of your land, such as a prohibition on the conversion of an outbuilding;
- possession claims;
- attempts by your mortgage company to repossess your home;
- disputes about the ownership of land, particularly in cases of joint ownership;
- your rights versus the rights of anyone else who owns or rents the house you live in; and
- landlord and tenant issues and leasehold disputes, for example related to the terms of your lease or tenancy agreement, the return of rent deposit monies, a refusal to carry out urgent repairs or attempts to unlawfully evict you.
We will always try to resolve any matters outside of a court hearing where possible – mediation is a great tool we can use to help achieve this. However there may be occasions where this is not suitable and there may be no alternative but a court hearing.
If you need help to resolve a dispute about a commercial property you own, or if you are a landlord in need of assistance, our commercial property dispute resolution lawyers are on hand to provide advice and support.
Advising individuals throughout Kent and beyond
We have offices in Chatham, Gravesend, Maidstone and Tenterden where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
If the need arises, we can also offer meetings at your home or via skype if you are regularly out of the country.
We offer an initial appointment to discuss your requirements from £95 plus VAT. After that we can arrange flexible payment terms, including monthly billing to help you budget.
Get in touch
Call us on 01634 811444 if you need our help. Alternatively complete our Contact Us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.