Joint ventures are an exciting time for any business as it greatly widens your prospective reach area for clients, which in turn increases potential earnings. However, the more third parties that become involved the higher the risk so when considering the prospect of a joint venture it is prudent to be mindful of this and consult the help of a solicitor before any irrevocable decisions are made.
At Stephens & Son, our team of corporate and commercial lawyers are experienced in helping businesses put joint ventures together. They can:
- advise you on the best operating model, whether that is a partnership, LLP or company, or via a standalone contractual arrangement;
- arrange new company incorporation, including the preparation of a memorandum, articles of association and shareholder agreement;
- negotiate terms and conditions which clearly define the identity of the parties, the purpose of the joint venture, its geographic reach, each party’s respective contribution, how operating costs and profits will be shared, governance arrangements, the decision-making process, exit provisions and a mechanism for bringing the joint venture to an end;
- deal with any employment law aspects where existing members of staff will be assigned to the joint venture or new personnel will be recruited; and
- devise a business dispute resolution procedure to enable differences to be resolved outside of court where possible.
Advising businesses throughout Kent and beyond
We have offices in Chatham, Gravesend, Tonbridge, Maidstone and Tenterden that can be used to meet with you for your appointments.
We can also offer meetings at your place of business or via a skype conference call where needed.
We offer an initial appointment to discuss your requirements at a fixed cost of £180 inclusive of VAT. After that we can arrange flexible payment terms, including monthly billing to help you budget.
Get in touch
Call us on 01634 811444 if you need our help. Alternatively complete our Contact Us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.