Any situation that requires legal intervention can be extremely stressful when children are involved. Emotions run high and as a result judgement can be clouded affecting logical reasoning, which is why professional independent legal advice is so important for all those involved. The best interests of any minors will be taken fully into account regardless of what each opposing party may portray as the best solution, so you can rest assured that your legal support will act fully on your side every step of the way.
Going to court can enhance stress levels so the option of family mediation will be explored and executed wherever possible if appropriate. Many of our family solicitors are members of Resolution, and are bound by a code of conduct to ensure that a non-confrontational approach is adopted keeping the best interests of the children as the ultimate priority at all time. Please be aware however that in any cases involving any form of domestic violence, mediation will not be considered.
Our specialist family lawyers can:
- advise you on your rights to see your child and to obtain a parental responsibility order entitling you to be involved in decisions affecting their life;
- advise you on your options when one parent proposes to live abroad;
- provide unmarried couples advice when it comes to child arrangements;
- take steps to protect your children from domestic violence or abuse;
- assess your personal and financial circumstances to give you an idea of the types of order a court might make;
- support you in exploring options for a negotiated agreement;
- apply to the court for a child arrangements order where a negotiated agreement cannot be reached; and
- apply to the court to enforce the terms of a child arrangements order which is breached.
We can also help grandparents who wish to secure the right to see their grandchildren and offer advice and support to families whose children have been taken into local authority care or put up for adoption.
Advising families throughout Kent and beyond
We have offices in Chatham, Gravesend, Maidstone and Tenterden where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
We can also offer meetings by skype for clients who have to travel extensively or who now live abroad. In exceptional circumstances, home visits can also be arranged.
Fixed cost initial appointment / Legal aid
See profile for Avril Croud.
Get in touch
Call us on 01634 811444 for any business related advice you need. Alternatively complete our contact us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.